1. Weekly In-Home Cooking - This popular cooking package is a multi-meal service. 4 servings of 4 dishes that last for 4-5 days.
Clients can choose 4 types of dishes:
Clients learn cooking techniques to create healthy and delicious meals, as well as how to tailor their cooking to support their own particular health concerns and overall health.
Private classes usually last between 2-4 hours.
3. Kitchen Makeovers - We consult with clients about challenges in kitchen organization and utilization, create solutions and implement changes so that the client's kitchen is more organized and user-friendly. We also help you get rid of foods that you no longer want to have in your home and help you find healthier alternatives.
4. Guided Shopping Tours - We take clients on a shopping tour in Jerusalem and familiarize them with where and what to buy in order to stock their kitchens with the best, health supportive ingredients. We also show them where to get the best deals and discounts.
What types of mental or physical health issues is this good for, and why?
Healthy eating is great for all aspects of physical, mental and emotional health. Eating well-balanced, healthy meals regularly can help with improving energy, healthy weightloss or weight gain, improving concentration, digestion, sleep, and increasing happiness and positivity. This is the case because healthy food nourishes our bodies to help them get the vitamins, minerals and energy we need in order for our internal organs to function properly. Eating properly helps our bodies heal themselves.
How do you include God in your treatment approach?
By cooking using whole, natural ingredients, we are utilizing the natural gifts from G-d in order to assist our healing. By cooking mindfully and being in tune with each client's needs, we have kavanah, true intention, when selecting the types of ingredients, cooking styles, seasonings and cookware. Having awareness of these things allows us to cook and eat properly, enabling us to manifest overall balance and health, which enables us to lead happy lives where we can fully serve G-d with our body, mind and soul.
Are there any contraindications for clients who want to try your approach?
No. Be sure to consult with your doctor or nutritionist to make sure you have clear guidance about your dietary and lifestyle practices.
"Chef Ellie was always a pleasure to have in my home and took her job seriously. I found her to be punctual, reliable, and responsible. She always came in with a happy and pleasant demeanor and treated the job with professionalism... She took pride in her cooking, as her number one goal was my satisfaction.
The food she made was delicious. Everything was made with the highest quality and tasted as such. She also has an extensive knowledge base of macrobiotics. She is a tremendous resource for healthy and healing foods and has experience with cooking for all different types of dietary needs and restrictions."
- Julie S.
"Ellie cooked for our family for a period of time due to a medical issue one of our family members was having. Meals were always planned and prepared thoughtfully, ensuring that the outcome was absolutely delicious, aesthetically pleasing, healthy and balanced.
Ellie also identified ways to organize my kitchen and immediately put them into action so that I could also prepare meals more effectively. Ellie’s joy and passion was clearly infused into the cooking process, making each meal the highlight of our family’s week! "
- J.S. from New Jersey
"Ellie Kumayama is a gifted healer. She truly listens to her clients. It is clear that she guides and offers advice and instruction from both a vast knowledge base as well as from a place if both care, concern, intuition, compassion and timeless wisdom. Changing lifelong habits is not an easy task and Ellie understands this and copes with this reality in the most practical and patient way possible."
-M.E. from Jerusalem
Phone: 054-338-2138 / 02-580636
Therapies / Modalities offered:
3.Generic Energy Psychology techniques
5. EMETT (Emotional Maturity Established through Torah)
6. Jewish Spiritual Therapy
What types of mental or physical health issues is each modality good for, and why?
1.TAT – good for ending stress that interferes with health --- whether emotional, physical and/or spiritual; releases limiting beliefs and the grip of even vague negative past experiences in a soothing and effective way
2.EFT – excellent for specific and acute emotional issues and those related to physical illness, basic EFT is easily learned and becomes an invaluable self-help tool that can be applied to beliefs and memories and more
3.Generic Energy Psychology techniques – the raw material that underlies TAT, EFT and other Energy Psychology techniques; generic EP is individually customized and works to remove obstacles vis a vis well-being, relationships, health, self-esteem, etc.
4. Logotherapy – a philosophic and spiritual approach to finding and strengthening one’s individual path to their meaning in life through the revealing one’s values and development of conscious awareness
5. EMETT (Emotional Maturity Established through Torah) – a cognitive approach to emotional awareness and active behavior based upon Torah values
6. Jewish Spiritual Therapy – connects to the spiritual reservoir of Jewish and personal inner wisdom to heal past events and emotional obstacles; draws from an array of techniques e.g: deep relaxation, visualization, regression, gestalt, inner child therapy
7. Emotrance – engages the imagination and the senses to deal with emotional issues and remove blocks; requires relatively little verbal interaction and depends upon restoring one’s own energetic ‘flow’
8. Focusing - a deep internal process that gives open, non-judging attention to an internal knowledge which can be experienced but is not yet in words and is applicable to a wide-range of situations including achieving more clarity on what one feels or wants, and gaining new insights regarding one's situation
9. Metamorphosis – a healing approach using the principle of reflex points to address unconscious blocks absorbed at the pre-natal stage that may contribute to disharmony, conflict and disease
How do you include G-d in your treatment approach?
One big area of difficulty we human beings frequently encounter in life relates to the acceptance/control dichotomy that plays out in our lives. Here God, specifically practicing trust in God, is a key element to healing. That said, every person is respected for ‘where they are at’, as is the understanding that all growth progresses at an individual's own rate. G-d is present, whether or not that is discussed; the tone is set by the client.
What will the client experience in their session with you?
First sessions focus on the individual’s broader objectives from which the treatment goals can be derived. When time permits and it is appropriate, that same session may include and introduction to specific modalities with which we will be working.
Throughout the course of the discussion, the seeds of trust and rapport are planted and their nurturing initiated. Subsequent sessions and work are balanced between my guidance with the client’s needs, taking into account the most effective and efficient way to help my client reach their aims.
My primary approach to treatment depends heavily upon energy psychology techniques set within a Logotherapeutic approach to life. With some exceptions, most other methods listed above are occasionally or integratively employed.
Are there any contraindications for clients who want to try your therapy approach?
The energetic approaches may be contraindicated if you need to subsequently testify in court since treatment will diminish the intensity of your negative memory. Additionally, if you suffer from a DSM diagnosis I need to be in contact with your licensed mental health professional before beginning to work with you.
Testimonials from former clients:
I was privileged to become acquainted with Sara Gold several years ago when I began looking for treatment that would help me manage my anger. I came to amazing results on that topic with her, and continue to meet with her today. Every session with her brings me to deeper insights with Sara creatively navigating using her set of tools. Sara has been wonderful for me.
One of my daughters and I did TAT and EFT with Sara (separately), and we both felt a big improvement in our individual issues, which were resolved and didn’t return. We also noticed how much actual change there was in our functioning involving these issues.
As a practitioner myself with 14 years’ experience, I recommend Sara’s treatment in order to achieve emotional balance.
Y.K. Reflexologist, Children’s Treatment Specialist (Advanced)
I suffered many months of migraine pain behind my eyes, spent many hours of appointments with many different types of medical professors and took many different kinds of pain medication. I was diagnosed with 'stress' related migraine headaches.
One 2.5 hour treatment wtih Sara gold enabled me to control my major stress. She also taught me self-help if I need to release stress imposed upon me from outside influences. B"H I haven't had even a regular headache since.
R. G.,- R.N.
I heard about Sara Gold from an acquaintance. I discovered a positive, respectful and honest woman. Her big smile did a lot for me.
When I started the treatments with Sara, I was confused and looking for someone else to solve my issues. I didn't believe that I had control over my life. I felt that things were happening to me and I didn't know what to do about it. Sara taught me to look into myself and find out what was bothering me, to find out what was stopping me from becoming more than I am today, to find out what will help me develop my talents and character. And once I found out what the issue was, I was half way there.
Sara's belief in G-d strengthens the process. Once I felt more connected to G-d I felt stronger and more in control of my tasks in life.
I also learned how to identify my "Yetzer Ha Ra", how it works from a place of fear and how to deal with it.
Thank you Sara, for being there to help me evoke my inner strength.
I’ve done a lot of emotional work on painful shalom bayis issues, I and this treatment helped me to achieve a deep release and helped me to come to a place of inner tranquility and acceptance. It gave me the ability to go for forgiveness, bonding and love.
After only a few visits I felt the stumbling block that was hampering me, dissolve. Sara Gold's in-depth clarity and insightfulness combined with her skills of tapping and other techniques brought me to an inner peace with regard to the issues I had wanted to resolve.
Viktor Frankl's Logotherapy for:
More information about Logotherapy:
Logotherapy is good for these issues because it allows you to trust yourself and trust that life is good even if it's hard sometimes.
The future-focus generates hope and resourcefulness.
The belief that every person has something unique and special to contribute restores self-worth.
How do you include God in your approach?
God is at the heart of this treatment approach. It begins with the assumption that there are no accidents in life, and God is guiding you to where you need to go.
Problems are part of life because they are part of your life-work to transform them into a force for good.
What can the client expect in a session with you?
You will be in a dialogue which speaks to your heart as we explore what you know deep down to be true and what you most deeply want. You will clarify what is most important to you and what messages you are getting from your feelings and from life.
Client Testimonials: Coming Soon
Phone number: 054-3495545
Therapies / Modalities offered:
2. Logotherapy Counseling (meaning centered)
3. Wellness workshops – Decoding the MINDBODY relationship
4. Motivational talks on health and healing, forgiveness and the Body’s ability to heal itself.
5. Massage for women
More information about each modality offered:
1. Reflexology is a dynamic, non-invasive therapy which helps the body to maintain physiological balance and health. It boosts the body’s ability to heal itself. Apart from the physical improvements, it aims to bring about synchronicity and harmony in your body, resulting in a feeling of well-being and vitality. Reflexology benefits a broad spectrum of symptoms ailments and diseases as it aims to improve functioning in the body with very positive results. Beneficial for all ages.
2. Logotherapy is counseling that helps people to find meaning within their current suffering. This could be related to big or small life events. It helps people move from feeling a victims of their circumstances to felling empowered and finding meaning in their life struggles. Appropriate for all ages.
3. 5 hour Women’s workshop. Through 2 inspiring sessions you will identify and understand the messages that your symptoms are communicating to you, through your body. Learn how to transform these messages (symptoms) which are often our stumbling blocks into stepping stones that will lead you to a healthier and enhanced life.
4. Various motivational talks related to health and healing on a deeper perspective. I also run women’s Rosh Chodesh groups and talks on “Life lessons through the Jewish Calendar”
5. WOMEN ONLY – The back, neck and shoulder areas are the first places that we tense up when we are under stress. This massage provides great relaxation therapy which addresses tension and anxiety which we hold in our bodies.
How do you include God in your treatment approach?
First and foremost I believe that all healing comes from Hashem and I therefore view myself as a tool to enable people on their own healing journeys. I feel that I have an encouraging positive energy and with this approach allow patients to connect with Hashem as they embark on their healing.
What will clients experience in their session with you?
Reflexology is beneficial to all ages, from a baby with colic, to a person with arthritis. It also deals with different types of diagnoses, for example cancer, IBS, constipation, headaches, exhaustion, insomnia, emotional conditions, miscarriage, infertility, menopausal patients…. and much more. Every reflexology treatments is personalised according to the symptoms or condition that the patient is presenting with.
Logotherapy - Every day we have opportunities to find meaning in whatever is going on in our lives despite whether they are good or bad. Logotherapy encourages and guides people to find this meaning and to do something to make that potential for meaning real. Logotherapy doesn’t ask “why” things happen, but helps and encourages one to find answers to “what now”.
Motivational talks and workshops: Here is a 2 minute clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpSkIrEqZRQ
Are there any contraindications for clients who want to try your therapy approach?
No, but caution is placed with patients with Deep Vein Thrombosis
Testimonials from patients:
Infertility Patient - When I first came to see Devorah, I was desperate. My faith and hopes in falling pregnant shattered following years of trying to no avail, and an IVF attempt that failed. Within 3 months Devorah managed to do what no specialist could. Not only did she restore my body physically, she restored my faith that I could fall pregnant I just needed to believe it. She taught me how to heal my body and to love my body again and with this came inner peace. No sooner did I have inner peace, the greatest gift of all arrived- my little girl. Devorah means so much to me. She healed me physically and spiritually and I am so grateful to her for that. She saw me throughout my pregnancy and as a result it was an easy and stress free journey. My weekly sessions with Devorah are my saving grace- I looked forward to each session. I will continue to see her for as long as I can as I truly believe that with her experience and caring nature I am in the best hands possible.
Menopausal patient - I have been a patient of Devorah's for many years now. I have found her to be an extremely caring and professional reflexologist and healer. She has a vast knowledge of her subject, and continues to further her knowledge and learn new things all the time. I feel my weekly sessions with her have enhanced my health and well-being, and have helped me to cope with my menopause very effectively.
Cancer Patient - After each session I feel invigorated and energised and definitely less stressed. My hands and feet feel less tense after Devorah works on them. But over and above her professionalism and skill in Reflexology is her overall approach to me as a whole being requiring healing. She introduced me to affirmations and encouraged me to continue to use visualisations to aid my recovery. She helped me get in touch with deep emotions and gives me support and positive feedback whenever it is needed. She gives excellent advice on nutrition and general well being. One of the most important aspects of my interactions with her is that she is able to identify my inner feelings and never pushed me to extend myself beyond what I was able to cope with emotionally, especially since I was often physically exhausted. There is always a warm, calming atmosphere during the treatments and the pervading atmosphere is one of acceptance and the feeling that we are in the healing process together. I have definitely benefited from my sessions with her, on a physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual level.
Migraine sufferer - My name is Shalvie and I am 21 years old. I have been suffering from chronic migraines since I was 13 years old. I have been on countless medications and diets. The one thing that has truly helped my migraines - be it the pain, nausea, aura etc... is Reflexology. Within an hour of therapy, I am migraine free!
Chrohns Patient - I suffer from Crohns disease and was in agonizing pain when I came to Devorah with a blockage in my intestine. I have had these blockages before and was hospitalized. I had an operation a few years ago for a blockage and I have been in hospital a few times for the same reason. Devorah gave me reflexology and after the first session I felt relief. After the second treatment I felt much better and eventually the blockage went without me having to go to hospital again. It is a wonderful feeling for me to have found a solution to my health problem and know that if g-d forbid it happens again I can come to you for reflexology instead of going to the hospital.