For the fat to really stay off, people have to know WHAT EMOTIONS ARE DRIVING THE OVEREATING in the first place.
• What's making them so stressed, and why?
• What's making them feel anxious, and why?
• What emotion is underneath the compulsive eating?
This could easily take you 5 years in therapy and thousands of bucks to work out, but I'm going to share my short-cut ideas with you now, and you can find out more about what's really making you tick, emotionally, by doing JEMI's free ‘Talk to God and Fix Your Health’ course.
The emotions that usually underpin overeating include:
• Repressed anger (especially at a parent)
• Beating yourself up (which is why if you really want to lose weight, you need to go easy on yourself, and stop having a go at yourself for eating the second helping of dessert. Instead, practise self-compassion, forgive yourself, and immediately move on.)
• Loneliness - food is our friend, it gives us something to do (a lot of people start smoking for the same reason)
• Sadness and depression (again, usually linked to spending too much time with negative, selfish, uncaring people who pretend to be 'there' for us, but who really aren't).
• Anxiety - which tends to pop up whenever people don't know what's coming next, and the 'bad' is freely mixed in with the 'good' again, especially when it comes to close relationships.
• Feeling empty, and / or like life's meaningless. That empty feeling is characteristic of people who've got disconnected from their soul in someway, and are now trying to fill the spiritual lack with material stuff, ie, food.
So to sum up, the main factors that are keeping people from slimming down are:
1) An impaired ability to digest and metabolise their food, energetically, because they have weak spleen meridian and / or an over-reactive Triple Warmer. These energy systems can conspire to 'keep a person fat', regardless of how much effort they make to lose the weight.
The good news is, these energy systems can be reprogrammed using easy, self-applied Energy Medicine techniques as set out in Donna Eden's book, 'Energy Medicine for Women', or in free JEMI guide to working with your energy meridians.
2) A bunch of repressed negative emotions that are actually triggering the impulse to eat.
Once these negative emotions, and what's causing them, have been identified and acknowledged (which is often really hard work, and not done in 5 minutes), THEN and only then, can the person start to really choose against their impulse to overeat.
If there is one emotion that will have anyone reaching for the chocolate cake, it's BEATING YOURSELF UP.
So be nice to yourself under all circumstances, forgive yourself for any food 'indulgences', and keep looking for the good in yourself (and staying away from nasty, critical, angry, blaming people…) if you want to really lose weight and keep it off.
Good luck to everyone out there who's trying to slim down; you WILL get there in the end, but the key is to know that it's really not anywhere as much in your control of what you want to eat, and why, as many people think.
Like my stuff? Then please consider becoming a PATRON of spiritualselfhelp, even for just $1 a month. Click the button below.