The following post has been excerpted from the free JEMI ebook, ‘The Causes and Cures of Depression’.
Once you've already got depressed, it's useful to know the following things about your symptoms of depression:
• Your energetic state has become 'homolateral', making you feel much more tired, negative and exhausted than usual, and reducing your ability to recover, naturally. (See this post, on how to get out of homolateral).
• Your Spleen energy is pretty weak - so this is the time to reduce the emotional and physical toxins in your environment, and to work on getting your Spleen meridian strong again.
• You'll find it very difficult to adapt to whatever is going on in your life, family, home, and environment.
• Taking anti-depressants is only going to increase the toxin payload that your body is already struggling to deal with. Remember, drugs don't solve the underlying problems causing depression, they just mask the symptoms.
• You need to make a super-human effort to be kind and compassionate to yourself, and to not beat yourself up, or criticise yourself in any way, shape or form for being depressed.
• Remember that God can take you out of depression instantly, even if you're not following any of the other advice in this ebook.
Learning how to 'choose against' depression takes time.
It doesn't happen overnight, and even if you're religiously following the advice in this ebook, it's still going to be one step forward, and one step back, especially if you still haven't worked out what's actually triggering your feelings of depression in the first place.
Once you've fallen into depression, on no account beat yourself up about it. The best thing to do is to focus on the energy and exercise aspects of climbing back out again, and to keep God firmly in the picture.
Your first priority is to get out of the homolateral energy state. Only once you're certain that you're not homolateral anymore - ie, you feel you have energy again; you're not obsessed with negative thoughts; you feel alive, optimistic and hopeful again, even a little bit - should you start doing the detective work to see who and / or what is making you feel depressed.
Like my stuff? Then please consider becoming a PATRON of spiritualselfhelp, even for just $1 a month. Click the button below.