how darwinism led to the modern epidemic of mental illness - Part 1: quotes that prove the theory of evolution is a crock
You know, it's amazing how many people continue to parrot pseudo-science about the Theory of Evolution, when it was disproved in scientific studies more than 40 years' ago, already.
Yet people continue to cling on to it as being the central tenet of modern scientific thought, solely because they can't bear to consider the alternative view, namely that God created the world, and that human beings are here for a spiritual purpose that goes far beyond their physical desires or wants.
Over the next few posts, I want to very briefly show you why the Theory of Evolution is a crock, and we'll do that today with quotes from scientists, because the people who like to spout Darwinian ideas always claim that 'only scientists' can understand why it's right.
(Yeah, like, whatever...)
Then, we'll move on to looking at how social Darwinism led directly to some very nasty things like Nazism, Hitler and the Third Reich, and then we'll look at how it sowed the seeds of the epidemic of mental illness that is currently engulfing the modern world.
I hope you'll find this as informative and eye-opening reading it, as I have researching it all.
NB: I stopped at 16 quotes, because hey, we already know that God created the world. But I literally could have given you hundreds and hundreds.
16 quotes on the lack scientific ‘evidence’ for biogenesis by scientists themselves:
1. “Belief in currently accepted scenarios of spontaneous biogenesis is based on faith.” - Journal of Theoretical Biology 67
2. “Evolution is sometimes the key mythological element in a philosophy that functions as a virtual religion.” - G Marsden, Nature mag, Creation vs evolution: no middle way
3. “There is no direct proof or evidence that any of the events or changes suggested (by the theory of evolution) ever took place. In a sense this account is science fiction.” - NJ Berril, The Origin of Vertebrates (Oxford University Press
4. “I have tried to see if whether biological discoveries over the last 30 years or so fit in with Darwin’s theory. I do not think they do… To my mind, the theory does not stand up at all.” H. Lipson, A physicist looks at evolution, Physics Bulletin 1980.
5. “Solid vertical lines show groups known by fossils: dotted lines indicate ‘gaps’ in the fossil record - periods when the group is inferred to have existed, but no fossils have ever been found. These gaps might be due to failures in fossilisation, or to mistakes in the geneology, or to wrongly identified fossils, or they could be taken to show the theory of evolution is wrong.” - from the British Museum of Natural History’s Evolution handbook
6. “It is not even possible to make a caricature of evolution out of paleobiological facts. The fossil material is now so complete that the lack of transitional series cannot be explained by the scarcity of the material. The deficiencies are real, they are never going to be filled.” - Professor N. Heribert-Nilsson of Lund University, Sweden, summing up his 40 years of work on the subject in his book: Synthetische Artbildung:
7. “There are about 250,000 different species of fossil plants and animals in the world’s museums. This compares with about 1.5 million species known to be alive on earth today…But the curious thing is that there is a consistency about the fossil gaps: the fossils go missing in all the important places.
“When you look for links between major groups of animals they simply aren’t there… Either they don’t exist at all, or they are so rare that endless argument goes on about whether a particular fossil is, or isn’t, or might be, transitional between this group and that…
“Museums have, for instance, countless piles of fossils of the early invertebrate sea creatures, and an equally large number of ancient fishes. Between the two, covering a period of about 100 million years, there ought to have been cabinets full of intermediates - indeed, one would expect the fossils to blend so gently into one another that it would be difficult to tell where the invertebrates ended and vertebrates began.
“But this isn’t the case. Instead, groups of well-defined, easily classifiable fish jump into the fossil record seemingly from nowhere: mysteriously, fully-formed, and in a most un-Darwinian way. And before them are maddening, illogical gaps where their ancestors should be.” - Hitching, The Neck of the Giraffe
8. “We paleontologists have said that the history of life supports [the story of gradual adaptive change], all the while knowing that it does not.” - Niles Eldredge, paleontologist
9. “What concrete evidence supports that remarkable theory of the origin of life? There is none.” - R. Jastrow
10. “The synthetic theory (aka neo-Darwinism)… is effectively dead, despite its persistence as text-book orthodoxy. - Paleontology, 6, 1.
11. “Biologists have built their advances in evolutionary theory on the Darwinian foundation, not realising that the foundation is about to topple.” - K. Hsu, Darwin’s Mistake, Geology 14, 534
12. “Darwinism …is in short a theory that has been put to the test, and found false.” - G. Nelson and N. Platnick, ‘Systematics and Evolution’, in Beyond Neo-Darwinism
13. “We have had enough of the Darwinian fallacy. It is about time that we cry: ‘The emperor has no clothes.” K. Hsu, ‘Reply’, Geology 15, 177
14. “Colin Patterson is a senior paleontologist at the British Natural History Museum and the author of that museum’s general text on evolution. His lecture compared creationism with evolution, and characterised both as scientifically vacuous concepts which are held primarily on the basis of faith…Patterson asked his audience of experts a question which reflected his own doubts about much that has been thought to be secure knowledge about evolution:
“Can you tell me anything you know about evolution, any one thing…that is true? I tried that question on the geology staff at the Field Museum of Natural History and the only answer I got was silence. I tried it on the members of the Evolutionary Morphology seminar in the University of Chicago, a very prestigious body of evolutionists, and all I got there was silence for a long time and eventually one person said: ‘I do know one thing - it ought not to be taught in high school.’” - Johnson, Darwin on Trial.
15. "No biologist has actually seen the origin by evolution of a major group of organisms."—*G. Ledyard Stebbins, Process of Organic Evolution, p. 1. [Stebbins is a geneticist.]
16. "It remains true, as every paleontologist knows, that most new species, genera and families, and that nearly all categories above the level of families, appear in the [fossil] record suddenly and are not led up to by known, gradual, completely continuous transitional sequences."—*George G. Simpson, The Major Features of Evolution, p. 360.
When something really is true, you don’t need to persuade other people of that with fancy arguments, theories and superior suggestions that you know more science than they do.
If something is true, you can prove it very simply.
When something is false - as the theory of evolution / neo-Darwinism - patently is, people can write whole books cooking up elaborate excuses for why the facts on the ground simply don’t fit.
But once again, when something is TRUE, it can be easily demonstrated as being TRUE to just about anyone who has even limited intelligence, as long as the pursuit of truth is more important to the individual than the pursuit of being ‘right’.
THERE IS NO SCIENCE THAT PROVES THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION IS RIGHT.