- What field do you practice in, and how did you come to choose it?
- I was doing interior design for many years, until my father was diagnosed with colon cancer 20 years ago. I became fascinated about the role of the patient, and I wanted to know if the patient could affect his healing journey or was it all up to doctors. I read the book, ‘Love, medicine and miracles’ by Dr Bernie Siegel, which eventually led me to study Reflexology, as I wanted to be a part of people’s journeys to health and wellbeing. I also studied Logotherapy which is the teaching of Dr Victor Frankl. Logotherapy is a positive healing approach which encourages people to understand that their life has purpose, MEANING and direction.
- What do you particularly like about your work?
- People were coming to me with health and life crises and I needed a way to help them unpack what they were dealing with so that they could turn their stumbling blocks into stepping stones. I am fascinated between the connection of MIND and BODY and integrate Reflexology and Logotherapy together. I feel it’s a privilege to work with people as they find their meaning, and doing this sort of work adds purpose to my life, as well. I also run workshops and do motivational talks on the MINDBODY connection and our role in our own healing.
- What are your areas of expertise?
- Cancer, infertility, digestive and stress related issues.
- What are your top ‘miracle’ stories, from people you’ve worked with?
- Being involved with infertility has yielded many ‘miracle’ cases, which I’ve been privileged to be a part of. One of my patients came to me after years of infertility and a failed IVF attempt that completely blew her belief that she could get pregnant out of the water. I worked with her for three months before she fell pregnant again naturally, and nine months’ later, she gave birth to a little girl. Reflexology has also helped open blockages in a digestive case (Crohns) that prevented surgery.
- How do you make God a part of your treatment process, and what benefits have you seen as a result?
- I don’t believe that healing comes from me. I feel that I have a passion for this work and am just a tool in using the knowledge that I have learned to help and empower people. At the end of the day, ALL healing comes from Hashem. With gratitude, I just tap into this and share.
- What recommendations do you have for people who are looking for a Reflexologist? What questions should they be asking a potential practitioner?
- It is important to go to a practitioner who is registered, or has correct qualifications. For me, testimonials and word-of-mouth are essential as well. You can read more at my website: http://www.dkwellness.co.il/testimonials/
- What’s your motto?
- Next to my logo it says, “Nourishment through your SOUL”This is a play on words because Reflexology is done through the feet, but really the total treatment is all about nourishment and healing of the SOUL!
- My favorite quote is by James Allen: “Circumstances don’t make a man, they reveal him.” We all know who we are when life is good, but when we are challenged, who are we?
- What are some of the things that you’ve learned from your patients?
- I’ve learned that when you surrender to Hashem and look for the lessons and opportunities in the current situation you are experiencing, healing can take place. The goal of life is to come to the end of your life being healed. This might not necessarily mean being cured. We all have the opportunities to find healing, to grow through the difficulties and become who we were intended to become in our lives. Difficulties are life lessons that help us on our healing journeys.
- What are your plans for the future?
- I’m currently teaching a course at Matan, “Life lesson journey through the Hebrew calendar” Each month offers us a different energy to tap into and I’m passionate about connecting the dots. My plans are to continue motivational talks and MINDBODY workshops and empower people along the way.
- You can learn more about Devorah on the JEMI Practitioner’s Database, or by visiting her website at: www.dkwellness.co.il
Q + A with Devorah Kur, Reflexology and Logotherapy Practitioner:
books & courses