- The Theory of Evolution is one of the biggest pieces of science fiction out there (so much so, that I’m wondering if Charles Darwin got reincarnated as L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of the Scientology cult, but that’s a post for another time…)
- When people are taught that they are almost animals instead of almost angels, how that encourages them on every level to ‘act the part’.
So now, we’re up to the third part of this series, where I’m actually going to start laying things on the line for you, biologically, so you can see that what we’ve covered so far is clearly being demonstrated in how the human brain and mind works (or doesn’t work…) leading to our modern epidemic of mental illnesses of just about about every stripe.
Let’s begin with my trusty ‘three part brain’ infographic, which I’ve modified a little for the purposes of this post. What this infographic is showing is that the brain is made up of three different main parts, often referred to as:
- Reptilian (or primitive)
- Mammalian (or emotional)
- Human (or cognitive / rational / intellectual)
The infographic also briefly describes the main functions that each of these three parts of the human brain are responsible for.
You can sum it up like this:
REPTILIAN / PRIMITIVE BRAIN (aka, ‘snake’ brain…) - is the home of everything to do with day-to-day physical survival, the fight/flight/freeze response, plus our most base impulses and desires, like food, procreation, sleep and self-preservation (i.e. ‘ME FIRST’).
ME FIRST is the founding principle of Darwin’s completely selfish, aggressive and destructive ‘survival of the fittest’, just he made it sound a whole lot more virtuous than it actually is.
MAMMALIAN / EMOTIONAL BRAIN (aka, ‘monkey’ brain) - is where our experiences are categorized and sorted into ‘good or bad’, leading to conditioned responses like Pavlov’s dog, where Pavlov famously trained his dog to salivate by pairing a ringing bell with lunch-time.
To put this another way, the emotional brain is responsible for reading cues in our environment, and shaping our behavior in response to those cues. Once Pavlov’s dog associated the bell being run with supper, you couldn’t talk it out of that association. Only a different experience would ‘overwrite’ the initial experience with the bell, and eventually prevent the conditioned reaction to subside.
With me so far?
This level of human reaction / feeling / thinking is where the Darwin-lovers would like us to stop. Remember, they’re telling us we’re just evolved apes, with a lot more brain power? So according to the pro-evolution crowd, all that mental capacity stored in our frontal lobes is just meant to help us solve maths equations better, and build bigger skyscrapers.
The evolutionists want you to believe that the ‘human’ brain that we’re about to discuss is primarily about helping you get a first in University and to get a nice job. When the human brain is effectively being controlled by monkey brain and snake brain, then it turns the human being into a clever, or rather cunning, animal.
But when the human brain is controlling the monkey brain and snake brain, then things are very, very different, as we’re about to discover.
HUMAN / COGNITIVE / RATIONAL BRAIN - This is the home of all our uniquely ‘human’ abilities, like communicating with others, feeling empathy for other people’s pain, the ability to act altruistically and generously, even when it seems that putting someone else’s needs is not in our best interest, and the ability to think about intangible things like God, the spiritual world, and the deeper reasons for why we’re alive in the first place.
I know I’m harping on this point a lot, but it can be stated enough times that the theory of evolution cuts people off from their very humanity, and emphasizes again and again that they are ANIMALS, not ANGELS.
When someone is being repeatedly brainwashed that the only way they got here in the first place is because their ancestors excelled in the selfish, aggressive, competitive game called ‘ME FIRST’, they are being given the unmistakable message that this sort of ‘reptilian’ behavior is not only acceptable, it’s a mandatory part of staying alive.
We’re going to go into this even more in the next post, but ‘ME FIRST’ is the main message of our primitive snake-brains. When people keep listening to their snake brains instead of empowering their human brain, they will indulge in the most ‘ill’ behavior imaginable.
- They will lack empathy and concern for other people.
- They will be fearful and paranoid (the ‘FLIGHT’ function of the snake brain)
- They will be angry, aggressive and full of hatred (the ‘FIGHT’ function of the snake brain)
- They will be apathetic, despairing and consumed with bitterness. In the worse cases, they’ll want to die, because what’s the point of living? (the ‘FREEZE’ function of the snake brain.)
- They’ll be unable to communicate with other people in any truly meaningful, deep or real way.
- They’ll be unable to grasp deeper spiritual ideas, or to delay or avert their own drives for instant gratification.
- They’ll have difficulties interacting with other people, or building real, meaningful relationships with other people that emphasis the internal dimension of the individual.
- They’ll be unable to grasp the full, amazing, spiritual reality of this world, and will be stuck living a very 2-dimensional life, where they believe the conclusions drawn by their mammalian brain about how life works, and are stuck in a simplistic, mechanistic view of the world that equates a bell ringing with lunch.
I could go on… (and I will in the next post).
But as these are big ideas, let’s stop there for now. In the next post, we’ll move on to examining some of the scientific research being done to show how connecting to God via prayer and meditation can empower the human brain over snake brain, and help people to act much more like the quasi-angels God actually designed us to be.